Perfect hair is only a spray away!

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Ever see this can in the laundry section of your supermarket or drug store? Its called Static Guard and its normally used to fight static cling and destroy its evil plot to ruin your outfit.  It also happens to be the best hair finishing spray I have ever used!
Anyone who knows me knows that I am no fan of hair spray- anything that leaves a "feeling" in my hair (crunchy, sticky, gooey etc...) is a big turn off for me and I refuse to have my hair suffer those "product side effects". The problem with not liking hair spray is that after blow drying my hair, I normally have a 30% chance that all my hard work and efforts will last beyond my commute to work (I am a New Yorker so I walk and take the subway to work... and by walk I mean walk so fast and with such purpose that you immediately break a sweat-no matter the temperature outside and quite possibly have small flames coming off of your boots as you fly past the confused tourist taking up THE ENTIRE sidewalk because if you miss the 9:42 L train you will automatically be 13 minutes late to work and the anxiety brought on by being 13 minutes late is too much to bare - whew- more about this later!). My blow out doesn't stand a chance!! You see, I suffer from fly-away frizzies and a cowlick on the right side of my bangs that makes it go from feathery and flawless to this weird 90 degree angle turn thing(one day I will post pictures so you can send me your sympathies). Its a nightmare situation on any day that has more than 40% humidity - I have learned to anticipate this rogue cowlick rearing its ugly face by using Static Guard! After I am finished blow drying, I step out of the bathroom(I like breathing...so I move into a larger room so I don't suffocate)hold my breath and I spray a mist all over my hair- but focus in on my bang area in particular. Make sure you spray a few inches away from your hair otherwise it will cause your hair to get wet with the Static Guard (which is annoying but can be fixed by a touch more blow drying).
Man, I don't know how it works or why this happens - but my hair all of a sudden looks like I had not 1, but 2 people in a salon (the kind that charges $400 for a haircut) working on it. Its truly incredible - I am literally amazed every time at the results I get from using it! Its preserves my Farrah Fawcett-esk bangs for the entire day (and puts up a damn good fight on rainy days)
Another bonus is that you can kiss statically charged hair goodbye - and if you live up north, you know exactly how annoying it is to have your gloves on and try to adjust your hair- snap crackle shock! EEEK! I hate that feeling! I also hate having some of my hair strands standing up 10 inches tall  for part of the day without even realizing it until I finally unchain myself from my desk and take a look in the bathroom mirror- OMG soooo embarrassing!
If you are skeptical and don't want to buy a normal sized bottle (it costs a whopping $5), you can always opt to buy the trial size. I know Bed Bath and Beyond sells them - as do most drug stores (look in the travel section). It might feel a little weird to use static cling spray on your hair but TRUST me - it will do crazy amazing things and make you look and feel like a million bucks!




Add a comment »

This entry was posted on Wednesday, October 24, 2012. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply